First Baptist Church, Cary is a church committed to worshiping the Lord, growing in our faith and serving our community. We are a diverse body, with people of all ages that are from all walks of life. We are passionate about worshiping God and sharing His love with each other and our community. We are a family church with something for everyone.
We have a Sunday School class for you! The best way to get plugged in quickly at FBC is to join a class with similar people. Our focus during these classes is the study of God’s Word and fellowship of believers. We have a class for all age groups, from the youngest baby to the oldest senior adult. Classes are year round at 9:15 on Sunday morning.
We currently have two distinct worship services on Sunday morning. Both services feature the proclamation of God’s Word, with a similar message in both services. Our 8:00 service is more traditional with piano and organ accompaniment, while the 10:30 service is a blended service with a praise band. Our Sunday night service features a different sermon with a variety of musical styles.
You will experience a variety of dress when you arrive. Some people will be in suits, some will be in a business casual attire and some will be dressed in jeans and t-shirts. Come in an attitude of celebration and worship, ready to praise God and study his Word!
What about my children?
We have a safe and secure nursery for the little ones and age appropriate teaching for toddlers through fifth graders.
And my students?
Your middle and high school students (grades 6-12) will gather together in our Family Life Center for breakfast and a time of fellowship and prayer. They will then break out into their own Sunday School classes with students in their same grade.
On your first visit to First Baptist Church of Cary, please stop by the Welcome Center on the first floor. It is our pleasure to assist you in locating the sanctuary or a Sunday School class. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please feel free to use the contact us link at the top of any page! We look forward to joining with you in worship!
If you live in the Triangle area, you are invited to come and experience what God is doing in this place.
Most importantly, if you do not have a relationship with Christ, we would love for you to take an opportunity and view The Story. This short story explains the work that Christ has done for you and the need you have for this redeeming work. Please click on the banner below.
8:00am Traditional Worship
9:15am Sunday School
10:30am Blended Worship
6:00pm Evening Worship
1. We believe that the Bible is the inerrant Word of God. We affirm both the Old and New Testaments, that though written by men, they were supernaturally inspired by the Holy Spirit, so that the scriptures are not the words of men, but the Word of God, and completely authoritative in all matters.
2. We believe that there is only one living and true God. He is an intelligent, spiritual, and personal Being, the Creator, Redeemer, Preserver, and Ruler of the universe. God is holy and perfect in all aspects. He reveals Himself to us as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit through His Word, the Bible, and His Son, Jesus.
3. We believe that there is salvation only in Jesus Christ. He is God come to earth in human flesh for the purpose of redeeming a lost world. We believe in His virgin birth, victorious life, vicarious death, victorious resurrection, and visible return. All who are willing to turn from their sin and place their faith in Christ alone will be saved.
4. We believe that the church is the body of Christ. Every believer should assemble regularly with other believers. We believe that the two ordinances of the church are baptism and the Lord’s Supper.
5. We believe that the purpose of the church is to worship the Lord Jesus, learn how to walk as a child of God, and witness to others about the saving power of Jesus Christ.
6. We believe that the mission of the church is to take the gospel to the world. We believe that God cares about every need of every person and that the Church, as Christ’s Body is to show His love and care for every person. Every member of the church is called to be a minister of the gospel through both acts of loving service and through a willingness to share the truth of the gospel with everyone at every opportunity. We believe that the scope of God’s love is world wide and this church is committed to taking the gospel to the farthest and most unreached places of the world.
7. We accept and subscribe to the doctrinal statement of “The Baptist Faith and Message 2000.
You can become a member of First Baptist Church in one of the following three ways:
1. By Baptism (Immersion) – Baptism is a symbol of the fact that a person is a Christian. A person becomes a Christian by admitting that they are a sinner, repenting of sin and asking God for forgiveness of that sin, and inviting Jesus to come into their life and to become the Lord of their life.
2. By Transfer Of Church Letter - A person is a member in good standing of another Baptist Church.
3. By Statement Of Faith - A person is already a Christian and has been baptized by immersion, but is not yet a member of a Baptist Church.
If you have any questions about church membership or if you would like to talk to a minister, please feel free to contact us.