At First Baptist Church, we know our adults as “Happy Hearts!” We are a big part of the many on-going programs of the church.
The Happy Hearts meet the first Tuesday of every month for fellowship, education, and inspirational programs. We gather at 11:30 am, in the Dining Hall, for a luncheon and the program. We bring a covered dish: vegetable, salad, or dessert, and pay $2.00 each to go toward the cost of the paper products, meat, drink and bread.
During the third week of the month, the Happy Hearts typically go out for lunch together, take a day trip, or a several days trip going to various places of interest. We have taken cruises, gone on mission trips and have been involved in various mission activities in Cary.
Generations, a choir for adults of any age, rehearses the first and third Tuesdays of each month, at 10:30 am in the choir room.
The following events are on the church calendar. If you have any questions, please contact Mae Cotten at (919) 467-6356.
- August 18, 2016 (Thursday) – 6:00 pm – Game Night – FBC Dining Hall – Please bring snacks to share!
- September 6, 2016 (Tuesday) – Happy Hearts Luncheon – Comedy and Gospel music by Rev. Buddy Sasser. Buddy is Lead/Musician/Songwriter/Comedian/MC with The Four In Christ Quartet, Inc.
- September 15, 2016 (Thursday) – Leave FBC at 7:30 am to travel to Charlotte to visit the Billy Graham Library and have lunch at the Dairy Bar on the campus. Will return to FBC approx. 6:00 pm. Only cost is your lunch ($5.00 to $9.00). Call church office to reserve your seat by Thursday, September 8, 2016
- October 4, 2016 (Tuesday) Happy Hearts Luncheon – Mr. Stephen Brown, FBC – Cary, will be playing Country Piano.
- October 20-22, 2016 (Thursday – Saturday) – Leave FBC early Thursday morning to visit Shenandoah Valley. Deluxe motorcoach transportaion, admission to Luray Caverns, Car & Carriage Caravan Museum, James Monroe Ash Lawn-Highland, National D Day Memorial and more. Check with the church office for more information and prices. Deposit is due by August 15, 2016.
- November 1, 2016 (Tuesday) Happy Hearts Luncheon – By Faith Alone Ministries, David Locklear and Anverdale Locklear
- November 8, 2016 (Tuesday) – Heritage Dinner, FBC Dining Hall at 6:00 pm. No Cost
- November 10, 2016 (Thursday) – 11:00 am leave FBC to eat lunch at Robbins Nest Restaurant (buffet) and go to Rudy Theater: Jubilee Down Home Christmas. Cost $40.00 each person. Return to FBC 5:00 pm. Deadline to sign up is Thursday, November 3, 2016.
- December 6, 2016 (Tuesday) Happy Hearts Luncheon – Sugar and Spice Quartet from Hayes Barton Baptist Church
Happy Hearts Pennsylvania Trip 2015
Happy Hearts Washington, D.C. Trip 2014
Happy Hearts New England Trip 2012
Happy Hearts Pigeon Forge Trip