At First Baptist Church, we know our adults as “Happy Hearts!” We are a big part of the many on-going programs of the church.
The Happy Hearts meet the first Tuesday of every month for fellowship, education, and inspirational programs. We gather at 11:30 am, in the Dining Hall, for a luncheon and the program. We bring a covered dish: vegetable, salad, or dessert, and pay $2.00 each to go toward the cost of the paper products, meat, drink and bread.
During the third week of the month, the Happy Hearts typically go out for lunch together, take a day trip, or a several days trip going to various places of interest. We have taken cruises, gone on mission trips and have been involved in various mission activities in Cary.
Generations, a choir for adults of any age, rehearses the first and third Tuesdays of each month, at 10:30 am in the choir room.
The following events are on the church calendar. If you have any questions, please contact Jayme at (919) 467-6356.
- December 6, 2016 (Tuesday) – 11:30 am – Happy Hearts Luncheon – Sugar and Spice Quartet from Hayes Barton Baptist Church
- December 9, 2016 (Friday) – 3:45 pm – Leave FBC to visit Denton Ridge Christmas Lights which starts at 6:00 pm. Cost $10 (cash only). We will stop and have dinner prior to visiting the lights.
- January 3, 2017 (Tuesday) – 11:30 am – Happy Hearts Luncheon – Shawn “CoCo” McMillan, gospel singer
- January 19, 2017 (Thursday) – 9:00 am – Meet at the IHOP Restaurant on Kildaire Farm Road.
- February 2, 2017 (Thursday) – 11:00 am – Leave FBC to have lunch at Mrs. Lacey’s and at 2:00 pm will see Classic Nashville Roadshow at the Temple Theater. Cost TBD.
- February 7, 2017 (Tuesday) – 11:30 am – Bertie the Bag Lady (Renea Henderson) will be doing comedy.
- March 3, 2017 (Friday) – Leave FBC (time TBD) to have dinner and then show to see Comedian Mark Lowry at Louisburg College. Cost: show $25.00 per person and price of your dinner.
- March 7, 2017 (Tuesday) – 11:30 am – Happy Hearts Luncheon – Students from Baptist Children’s Homes of North Carolina will be performing.
- April 4, 2017 (Tuesday) – 11:30 am – Happy Hearts Luncheon – The Presbyterian Hoe Band at River Landing at Sandy Ridge Senior Adults – Homemade instruments.
- April 13, 2017 (Thursday) – Leave FBC (time TBD) to attend Easter Drama at Piney Grove Baptist Church, Farm Life Community, Williamston, NC. Cost: drama is free and price of your dinner. Will return to FBC at 12:00 midnight.
Happy Hearts Pennsylvania Trip 2015
Happy Hearts Washington, D.C. Trip 2014
Happy Hearts New England Trip 2012
Happy Hearts Pigeon Forge Trip