At First Baptist Church, we know our adults as “Happy Hearts!” We are a big part of the many on-going programs of the church.
The Happy Hearts meet the first Tuesday of every month for fellowship, education, and inspirational programs. We gather at 11:30 am, in the Dining Hall, for a luncheon and the program. We bring a covered dish: vegetable, salad, or dessert, and pay $2.00 each to go toward the cost of the paper products, meat, drink and bread.
During the third week of the month, the Happy Hearts typically go out for lunch together, take a day trip, or a several days trip going to various places of interest. We have taken cruises, gone on mission trips and have been involved in various mission activities in Cary.
Generations, a choir for adults of any age, rehearses the first and third Tuesdays of each month, at 10:30 am in the choir room.
The following events are on the church calendar. If you have any questions, please contact Jayme at (919) 467-6356.
- March 3, 2017 (Friday) – 3:30 pm – Leave FBC to have dinner at The Forks Cafeteria in Wake Forest and then doors open at 6:45 pm at Louisburg College to see Comedian Mark Lowry. Cost: show is $25.00 per person and cost of your dinner. Returning to FBC approximately 10:30 pm.
- March 7, 2017 (Tuesday) – 11:30 am – Happy Hearts Luncheon – Students from Baptist Children’s Homes of North Carolina will be performing. Presentation from Christian Tours for a trip to The Ark and Creation Museum in Kentucky.
- March 28, 2017 (Tuesday) – 8:30 am – Leave FBC to attend Raleigh Baptist Association Senior Adult Rally at Salem Baptist Church, Apex. Registration begins at 9:00 am and program begins at 9:30. Lunch will be served about 11:30 am. Should return to FBC before 2:00 pm. Cost is $15.00 per person.
- April 4, 2017 (Tuesday) – 11:30 am – Happy Hearts Luncheon – The Presbyterian Hoe Band at River Landing at Sandy Ridge Senior Adults – Homemade instruments.
- April 7, 2017 (Friday) – 3:30 pm – Leave FBC to attend Easter Drama at Piney Grove Baptist Church, Farm Life Community, Williamston, NC. Cost: drama is free and price of your dinner. Will return to FBC approximately 12:00 midnight.
- May 2, 2017 (Tuesday) – 11:30 am – Happy Hearts Luncheon – Homewatch Caregivers – General information on Home Healthcare and Home Care
- May 19, 2017(Friday) – 7:30 am – Leave FBC to visit Andy Griffith’s hometown of Mount Airy, North Carolina—affectionately known as Mayberry RFD. Will return to FBC approximately 5:30 pm.
Happy Hearts Pennsylvania Trip 2015
Happy Hearts Washington, D.C. Trip 2014
Happy Hearts New England Trip 2012
Happy Hearts Pigeon Forge Trip