Upward Basketball and Cheerleading
Upward Basketball and Cheerleading are programs designed to give children (both boys and girls) and their families a positive sports experience by partnering with local churches to build character, self-esteem, and salvation. The season will incorporate practice, games, devotions, and a celebration event at the end of the season. The emphasis is on skill development and spiritual growth.
I hope you were able to make it Sunday for Upward Sunday. We had a great time together in worship. If you were unable to attend, here is the video that we showed to start the service.
Plan to attend our Upward Celebration banquet on Thursday night, March 12 at 6:00. We’ll eat and play a few games, and of course, we’ll hand out awards too! I did not imagine the wonderful response we have had to the dinner. We are at capacity. If you have not signed up and would like to come, please email me at email@example.com and I will put you on a waiting list. If you have registered and have more than your immediate family coming (parents and siblings), please let me know so we can get more people involved!
If you have not received a copy of the schedule, you may download the entire schedule by team here.
See you Saturday!
Who can play?
2014-2015 Registration and Fees
- Early Registration (8/23-10/1): $75
- Regular Registration (10/2-11/1): $90
- Mandatory Evaluations (Required for playing, must attend one)
- Tuesday, November 4, 2014 5:30 pm – 8:30 pm
- Thursday, November 6, 2014 5:30 pm – 8:30 pm
- First Practice will be Tuesday, January 6, regular practices will be held on Tuesday and Thursday nights
- First Game—Saturday, January 17, 2015
- Picture Day—Tuesday, February 3 and Thursday, February 5. Makeup day is Saturday, February 7, 2015
- Upward Sunday—Sunday, February 22, 2015
- Last Game—Saturday, March 7, 2015
- Awards Celebration—Thursday, March 12, 2015 @ 6:00
Does our league need volunteers?
For the safety of our children we require all adults who work with children under the age of 18 to complete a background check. Please print this form and turn it in to the church office.
If you would like to volunteer or have any further questions, please contact us.
To learn more about the Upward Organization, visit them at www.upward.org.