Upward Basketball and Cheerleading
Upward Basketball and Cheerleading are programs designed to give children (both boys and girls) and their families a positive sports experience by partnering with local churches to build character, self-esteem, and salvation. The season will incorporate practice, games, devotions, and a celebration event at the end of the season. The emphasis is on skill development and spiritual growth.
2016 REGISTRATION IS CLOSED!
Evaluations are next week, November 10 and 12. See details below. Note that these are mandatory for all players and cheerleaders. Choose a time that woks best for you and bring your children. The time you are here will greatly depend on the number of other children in line. We will work as quickly as we can to make sure your time is minimized. Come in the back doors of the church and we will check you in and get your children ready to go. Cheerleaders will be fitted for their uniform and will be done for the evening. Please contact me if you have questions.
If you are interested in helping this season, please see the coach application and the background check form (required once a year for those helping with children).
We are collecting old uniforms that you no longer want or need around your house. We support a great ministry called Operation Christmas Child and we can send these uniforms all around the world to children in need. Collect any old uniforms you may have laying around from previous years that no longer fit and drop them by the church office anytime. Thanks for your support of this ministry.
Who can play?
2015-2016 Registration and Fees
- Early Registration (9/1-9/30): $75
- Regular Registration (10/1-11/3): $90
- Mandatory Evaluations (Required for playing, must attend one)
- Tuesday, November 10, 2015 5:00 pm – 8:30 pm
- Thursday, November 12, 2015 5:00 pm – 8:30 pm
- First Practice will be Tuesday, January 5, regular practices will be held on Tuesday and Thursday nights
- First Game—Saturday, January 16, 2016
- Picture Days—Tuesday, January 26 and Thursday, January 28.
- Last Game—Saturday, March 5, 2016
- Awards Celebration—Thursday, March 8, 2016 @ 6:00
Does our league need volunteers?
For the safety of our children we require all adults who work with children under the age of 18 to complete a background check. Please print this form and turn it in to the church office.
If you would like to volunteer or have any further questions, please contact us.
To learn more about the Upward Organization, visit them at www.upward.org.